August - October 2005: Water tank demolition.
October - December 2005: Lift shaft concrete works
January - March 2006: Stair/Liftshaft factory based fabrication
March - May 2006: Water tower residential conversion interior works
April - May 2006: Stairway and lift shaft steel works site construction
Building envelope: Reinforced concrete frame with brick infill
Water tank: Reinforced concrete
Windows: Steel framed / Single glazed
Interior Stairs: Reinforced concrete
Key Changes to Original Tower:
1, Four new floors
2, Secondary insulation 'air block' wall construction (interior/entire building)
3. Gas based heating system
4. Additional entrances at Ground and 11 metres above ground level
5. Office and residential accommodation constructed.
6. Stairways/apertures formed - access between 'valve level' under the water tank up to former tank cover level (2 floors)
5. Exterior 'public' stairway constructed.
7. Entire building fitted with new windows.
New Lift Tower:
1. Lower section: Reinforced concrete
2. Upper Section: Prefab. steel frame / Clear & coloured glass infill
3. 'Crown' Steel frame perforated metal 'baffle'
4. Stairway around tower constructed from zinc coated steel